This is the weather from episode 47 Company Picnic.
One of my personal favorites.
This is what I imagine Cecil does during the weather and nothing can convince me otherwise.
DID CARLOS JUST IMPLIED PHONE SEX
DID CARLOS JUST SAID THE MOST CUTE THING EVER WITH THE I LOVE YOUs
DID THIS EPISODE EVEN HAPPENED
THOSE PHONE CALLS, THOSE PHONE CALLS, THOSE PHONE CALLS!!!
Man, I did NOT expect this episode to be so full of Cecilos! Since last week only had a small mention of Carlos, I was sort of expecting this one to be similar, but he was, like, the main focus!
Now I have a feeling that next week he’ll be mentioned very little, and they’ll go back and forth on that with each episode, just for variety, until he finally returns. Fine with me! This was such a treat!
As much as I loved all of the other little bits in this episode, I’m not going to lie and pretend the phone calls and amazing interactions between these two weren’t my favorite part, because they WERE! THEY JUST WERE AND THERE’S NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT!!!
I mean, come on, this episode hit practically EVERYTHING on our Cecilos favorites checklist!
- Cecil over-praising Carlos, and Carlos being humble about it.
- I miss you / I miss you, too.
- Teasing and/or joking with each other (“You’re too much”).
- Cecil reminding Carlos that others in Night Vale love him.
- Cecil’s concern for Carlos’s safety.
- Cecil wishing Carlos would call more.
- Rather lengthy discussions about science.
- Cecil trying to give Carlos advice on how to get home (“look for those doors”).
- Carlos accidentally putting science over trying to get home, and Cecil trying to be understanding while frustrated and scared.
- Unfortunate miss communications, as they have little time to talk.
- Carlos’s comment about how strange Night Vale is, which was hilarious and matched so many of our jokes and fanfics, and comparing it to the desert other world (“This is a strange place, and considering where I’ve lived for the past couple years, that says a lot” I laughed so fucking hard!)
- Carlos being afraid that he’d lost his only current connection to Cecil (his phone).
- Carlos not wanting to make any new friends, because the only one he cares about is back in Night Vale.
- FINALLY HEARING THEM BOTH SAY “I love you” TO EACH OTHER LIVE!
- Carlos being so sure of their love!
- Carlos complimenting Cecil’s voice!
- Practically, sort of, co-hosting the show together!
- Implications of future phone sex. ;)
- Just hearing them converse, discuss, flirt, tease, joke, worry, advice, inform, and TALK like a real couple! We rarely get to hear them talk to each other, since the main voice we hear is Cecil’s, so episodes where we get to hear them have full, diverse conversations like this really help us get more insight into their relationship, the serious and cute stuff! I was THRILLED!
Its like they decided to play “Cecilos Bingo” with this episode, and we all filled up our cards within minutes! It was truly lovely.~
So yes, I’m sad they’re still separated, and that Carlos is getting distracted, but unlike some other comments I’ve seen, I don’t think he’s giving up hope in getting home. I can tell how much he loves and misses Cecil, and how determined he is to make it out eventually. I hope its sooner rather than later, but this episode, and hearing them talk, was a great comfort! LOVED IT!
Oh yeah, and they are just FUCKING WITH US now with The Weather! Two episodes in a row where its a sad, slow, romantic song? Yeah, its a coincidence! SURE! ;)
Why don’t we all just stop the fandom conflicts and instead talk about how amazing autistic!Carlos is?
I mean, c’mon.
Autistic!Carlos frustrating Cecil at first because he won’t talk about anything but science.
Autistic!Carlos being receptive to Cecil’s frustration once Cecil explains why he feels that way, and trying as hard as he can to remember to ask Cecil things like how his day was before he launches into a recap of his latest science experiment.
Autistic!Carlos giving Cecil a list of where he does and doesn’t like to be touched, so Cecil always knows where his boundaries are. (The list gets shorter as Carlos gets more comfortable, but the two of them always discuss his limits at length before they try something new.)
Autistic!Carlos constantly running his hands along Cecil’s tentacles because he loves the way they feel under his fingertips.
Autistic!Carlos spending his and Cecil’s first few dates looking at Cecil’s forehead when he talks, because for some reason looking into a third eye feels safer than regular eye-contact.
Autistic!Carlos not telling Cecil that he loves him for a long time because he considered it a fact in their relationship and assumed it was something obvious that didn’t need to be said.
because it’s a thing I need
- Carlos’s senses are easily aggravated by too much physical touch so he dislikes being stuck in crowds
- The smell/taste of lavender
(Hence his lavender chewing gum)helps him calm down if he’s to over stimulated
- Cecil always lets Carlos be the first to initiate any physical contact because he knows and understands his boyfriends boundaries.
- Carlos tends to info-dump/get fixated on science
but he gets super excited and cute and dorky when Cecil is happy to just listen to him although not so happy when he gets so absorbed that he forgets their dates
- Carlos likes to do the cooking for himself and Cecil because the texture of a lot of foods makes him feel sick and Cecil is still learning all of his dietary restrictions
- Carlos loves to have his perfect perfect hair played with but ONLY by Cecil and he won’t let anyone else touch it.
- AUTISTIC CARLOS!!! (ﾉ◕ヮ◕)ﾉ*:･ﾟ✧